Head of Information Management
NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG Head of Information Management Peterborough / Cambridge
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) understands the importance of recruiting and retaining the right people who share the CCG values and in return is committed to investing and developing staff to achieve their full potential.
The CCG is responsible for the planning, organising and purchasing of £854m worth of healthcare locally.
As a GP led organisation with 260 employed staff and circa 80 GP associates representing 108 GP Practices, our organisation is complex. We require staff who enjoy working flexibly across organisational sites and boundaries, responding to the rapidly changing environment in which we work.
We are one of the largest CCGs in the country and are responsible for the delivery of high quality NHS funded healthcare for a patient population of 890,000. Our commitment is to commission excellent quality services that ensure value for money and the best possible outcomes for those who use them.
This post will lead on information management across the CCG managing and providing leadership to the LCG information teams, Performance Manager and Primary Care Information Manager to ensure that the CCG and LCGs have access to robust information and effective Business Intelligence. .Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Provision of intelligence on Health Services and Population data that is integrated within Primary Care clinical systems and services. This would include risk stratification tools.
• Ensuring that information analysis provides an effective basis for decision making through the provision of business intelligence that details cause, effect and potential solutions.
• To co-ordinate work plans across the CCG and LCG information teams to ensure: there are consistent and quality standards in place for analysis, reporting and contract management support across the LCGs.
• To develop and implement a 5 Year Business Intelligence strategy that covers all functions of the CCG and LCGs and which will need to be delivered by all CCG staff and Board.
• To represent the CCG on meetings with external stakeholders, where diplomacy and negotiating skills may be required to address difficult and contentious issues e.g. NHS England, Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC), DH, Acute providers, Mental Health providers, Community Providers, Social Care Providers, Primary Care Providers and other providers of services.
• The post holder will need to communicate analytical, statistical and epidemiological detail to a wide range of internal and external professionals (clinicians, senior managers and the public) guiding and recommending to them a certain course of action.
• The post holder will need to liaise with other Business Intelligence Services such as finance, medicines management, public health, Local Authorities and national agencies to ensure that services are cohesive and integrated where appropriate
• Line manages and provides professional and technical leadership to CCG Performance Manager, Primary Care Information Manager and multiple Information Managers and their information teams in LCGs to ensure that they are delivering effectively the business information requirements of the LCGs.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge, this is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your existing skills. All new employees to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG are subject to the completion of a satisfactory 3 month probation period.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG values and respects the diversity of its employees, and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
TO APPLYTo obtain an Applicant Information Pack or to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Laurence Wolahan or Natasia Hieber at Hays Executive.
Applications are being handled by Hays Executive.
Closing Date is : Monday 1 December 2014