About the Job
Handsam Ltd – the UK’s leading provider of compliance information, consultancy and systems to the Education sector – wishes to recruit an editorial assistant (ideally with a legal background) to support the Editorial Board and Chief Editor in creating and updating documents for our unique library, updating Handsam’s online management systems with the correct information, and providing content for marketing to the Sales and Marketing department.
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire
Start Date: ASAP Salary: £18,000-21,000pa
Hours: full-time position, 8.30am-5pm weekdays
Benefits: Company Bonus scheme, Company Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Voucher scheme
Would Suit: Legal Clerk seeking new challenge, recent graduate with English, Law or other relevant degree or returning parent with relevant qualification
Experience: Demonstration of suitable experience of professional editing is essential
Summary of Role and Duties You are keen as mustard and have an eye for detail. You are driven to serve our clients by ensuring that the Handsam library of documents are kept fully up to date and contain notes of key cases and developments in terms of new legislation, HSE ACOPS or government guidance and its implications for the sector.
Responsible to the Chief Editor, you will work in association with our Editorial board, the Sales Director and Managing Director across various aspects of your role.
You will assist in managing both our online compliance management systems which serve our clients and our online presence across our various front of house websites.
You will also ensure that all Handsam staff are kept up to date with those key changes in order that they are able to fulfil their roles to the full.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Formatting Handsam library documents in Microsoft Word to the specifications and standards set by the Chief Editor
- Working with the Chief Editor to identify how new legislation, case law, ACOPS and other guidance impacts on practice in the sector and updating documents accordingly
- Assisting the Chief Editor in responding to client queries by provision of relevant information and case examples
- Communicate changes and updates to all Handsam staff on a regular basis via weekly updates and full monthly briefings in conjunction with the Chief Editor
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing department to update marketing materials and front of house websites
- Prepare and deliver all of Handsam’s monthly email updates to all clients by working with key client contacts
- Any other duties requested by the Chief Editor, Sales Director or Managing Director
- Understanding of basic tenets of UK law
- Experience of or knowledge of the Education sector
- Evidence of excellence in using standard Microsoft Office products to format documents- Updating Handsam’s own online systems to deliver services to our clients
- Using Handsam’s CRM systems to record and manage responses to clients etc
- Using online software such as WordPress to assist in updating/managing content on our front of house websites
Presentation, Personal and Communication Skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Understand that deadlines are immovable and of paramount importance, ensuring all work is to time and budget
- Ability to follow a brief and over-deliver to it on time and budget
- Work well under pressure to deliver excellence first time
- Listening skills, how to learn and receive advice from those around you
- Manage and own multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive and pro-active
- Flexible and ability to react quickly
- Ability to understand implications of own work for others within the business
- Working across Handsam’s interlocking departments to ensure clarity and effectiveness of communication
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings with the team to discuss briefs, timings and offer ideas to help add value to projects
- Continually improve your knowledge and skills in key areas
- Understanding of why an excellent customer experience is crucial- Total dedication to delivering excellence
Full details of two referees required to be submitted with application.
These will be checked prior to invitation to interview.
Successful applicants who are placed on the shortlist for the position will be contacted and a time for interview at Handsam Ltd’s offices in Redditch, Worcestershire will be agreed.