Junior Accounts Assistant
A leading British restaurant chain has an exciting opening for a Trainee Accountant / Junior Accounts Assistant based at its central London head office. The position is responsible for supporting the Finance Director with day-to-day finance department activities, including purchase ledger, sales ledger, nominal ledger and monthly reporting. This is a great opportunity to join a small friendly team and gain vast accounting experience. Full on job training will be provided where required. A good understanding of Excel is essential and a solid understanding of double entry bookkeeping would be an advantage.
Key responsibilities include: 1. Managing the purchase ledger, including invoice processing, making payments, supplier statement reconciliation and dealing with supplier queries
2. Assisting with month-end procedures, e.g. accruals, prepayments, depreciation journals
3. Completion of bank statement reconciliations
4. Maintaining filing systems for all invoices, expenses and statements
4. General administration and reception duties
5. Other ad hoc activities Essential skills and experience include: 1. Educated to degree level, and must have started either ACCA or CIMA
2. A genuine interest and commitment in embarking on an accountancy career, with a positive and enthusiastic outlook 3. Strong MS Excel, numerical, communication and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
4. Confident and assertive with a polite and bubbly manner.
This is a great chance to build a career within a stable, privately-held company with a superb organisational culture.
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply button below.