Chief EngineerLutonPermanentJob Description
A Chief Engineer is needed to join a growing Air Systems-UK Engineering department. Flexibility on skills will open this position to a trained individual who may have worked in a Defence organisation. Working as part of a multi-disciplined team, the Chief Engineer will be provide the technical leadership in close partnership with the Project Engineering Manager for the development, manufacture and support of the technical solution.
Key Responsibility Areas
· To own the Technical Solution and Design Integrity as part of the initial study/contract phase of a project within Air Systems- UK business group.· To ensure robust Quality, Performance, Cost and Time Trade-offs are undertaken and then to establish the Technical Solution coherent with the agreed Budgets and Timescales.· To provide Direction, Control, Evaluation and Recommendations wrt Technical Risks and Opportunities· Deliver to agreed performance targets· Manage and communicate issues to senior management · To ensure the Product is compliant with the Customers Performance (including Environmental and Physical etc) Requirements· To validate the effectiveness of the enabling systems that are in place (processes, reviews, reporting, communication)· To ensure Product Safety and compliance with Legislative and Contractual Requirements· Liaise with Customer and Partner companies.Skills, Qualifications & KnowledgeEssential Skills:
· The candidate must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics.· Experience in developing systems architecture designs particularly with the Radar, EW, IR/EO domain.· Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements within agreed programmes and timescales.· Ability to produce Innovative System solutions.· Substantial analytical and technical problem solving skills.· Sound understanding of the CONOPS analysis, Requirements Management, System Design Process).· Ability to liaise with internal projects and other LoBs including external avionics companies.· Self motivated Leader and team player capable of working with minimum direction.Desirable Skills/Experience:
· Experience of working with Requirements, Test Qualification and Acceptance strategies.· Experience of managing the Design Standard and associated Configuration Management.· Experience gained within System Design/System Architectures.· Experience in gaining Design Certification and Customer Acceptance.· Experience of working with unmanned aircraft.Intrinsic Job Factors
· Occasional overseas travel will be required.Personal Attributes:
· Excellent communication skills.· Team player.· Drive and Commitment, maintaining high standards.· Ability to produce clear concise technical design documentation.· Be prepared to travel and work from different locations occasionally.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.