Specialist Support Staff (Support Worker)
Job Title: Specialist Support Staff (Support Worker)
Salary: £8.00 per Hour + £25 Sleep-In Rate
Hours: Full-time, part-time and Relief
Closing Date: 1st December 2014
Interview Date: 5th December 2014
Our client is looking to recruit highly experienced people to provide specialist support for 4 males in a new core and cluster service in Newcastle. You will be joining a team of reputed quality, therefore only the best candidates will be considered. You may also be assigned to cover in their other services across the region.
You will need a sound understanding of risk management to maintain appropriate structures and boundaries, as well as experience supporting challenging behaviour, ideally in a care setting. In particular, experience/training in Autism would be advantageous.
As Specialist Support Staff you must be passionate about supporting adults to increase their independent living skills; with strong ambition for the people they support to facilitate positive community participation. They are looking for people with a good knowledge of opportunities in the local area and a good understanding of community connections work.
A good sense of humour will be important, as well as a non-judgemental attitude. You will need to have a warm, calm and unflappable demeanour, with the ability to respond quickly in a crisis.
Sharing common interests is important to the individuals concerned, and therefore your hobbies are of interest to us. For example, walking, horse-riding, cycling and trampolining are some of the activities you might partake in with the people they support.
The post involves commitment to sleep in support in addition to day support and therefore flexibility is essential. You may also be required to undertake waking nights.
During transition you will be placed on a Relief Contract and expected to undertake further training and visit the people they support in hospital or other residential settings to prepare them for the move into their own homes when full time / part time work will commence.
Specialist Support Staff (Support Worker) - Your role and duties will be:
• To complete and follow comprehensive support plans to ensure positive outcomes for the people they support
• Supporting community participation e.g. work / college placements
• To establish appropriate community connections and support the development of positive relationships for the person they support
Specialist Support Staff (Support Worker) - Our client is looking for someone who is:
• Able to maintain structures and boundaries to ensure the safety of the public and the people they support
• With a ‘can-do’ attitude, and the ability to encourage, and instill confidence in the people they support
• Someone who can act as responsible role model
• A team player with a strong work ethic
Specialist Support Staff (Support Worker) - The Rewards:
In return, our client offers:
• A generous training programme, including Learning Disability Qualifications and a Diploma in Health and Social Care.
• A bespoke induction package to orientate you to our client's model of support.
• A pension scheme with contribution by our client.
• Employee reward scheme, where you can save money every day on shopping or even larger purchases like holidays.
Successful applicants will undergo an Enhanced DBS check (paid for by our client).
Positive about Disabled People.
Our client value the diversity of all their employees. As a commitment to supporting disabled applicants and employees, they have been awarded the Positive about Disabled People symbol by Jobcentre Plus. This means:
• When you fill in the application form they will ask if you have a disability to make sure the application process is fair to people who have a disability.
• They will interview any person who declares they have a disability who meets the essential criteria for the job they are applying for. The essential criteria are the most important things needed to be able to do the job.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Specialist Support Staff (Support Worker) role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.