Business Manager (Corporate) - Home Based, North of England
Business Manager (Corporate)
Salary: Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Home Based - North of England
thetrainline. com is the leading online provider of rail tickets for travel in Great Britain by value of tickets sold, with a mission to help rail passengers save money, time and hassle. Customers booking in advance with thetrainline. com can save an average of 43% versus booking on the day. Since it was established in 1997, thetrainline. com has developed a robust and scalable platform with a strong focus on customer-driven innovation. The Company’s consumer website and mobile apps received on average over 18 million visits per month in 2014, and the mobile apps, with over 6.5 million downloads to date, are ranked number one in both the 'travel' category on iTunes and the 'transport' category on Google Play. In addition to its consumer offering, the Group also provides rail booking solutions for large corporate entities, SMEs and Travel Management Companies, and supports the online sales platforms of a number of train operating companies.
Purpose of the Role
The primary objective of the role is to work strategically with a portfolio of direct corporate clients in the B2B space, to deliver the budgeted revenue, develop comprehensive business plans to ensure client retention, negotiate long term contracts and devise competitor lock-out strategies.
The existing portfolio of clients spans the north of England from Nottingham, Manchester, Yorkshire and up into Scotland. This will be a home based role.
• Develop strong relationships with existing and new corporate clients
• Ensure overall budget revenues and margins are delivered
• Ensure that opportunities for profitable growth are pro-actively identified and legitimate client needs are understood, met and as appropriate exceeded
• Commercially monitor, recommend and implement strategies to drive maximum margin from each client, utilising thetrainline’s pricing model
• Provide technical expertise in all TTL systems used by the client, utilising a logical approach to troubleshooting client issues
• Where applicable negotiate new commercial agreements, working with Legal and other internal Trainline. com departments to complete contracting
• Marketing and promotion within client culture, including CRM and research
• Responsible for any necessary change management and process improvement activities
Knowledge and Experience
• Proven client relationship management and account management experience
• Commercial acumen with recent history of achieving revenue and margin targets
• Proven contract management/negotiation experience
• Demonstrable understanding of basic commercial law
• Confident with data analysis, including competitor analysis
• Experience of client technical and commercial implementation
• Project management skills/experience would be desirable
• Travel industry experience and experience in similar online environment / booking technology would be desirable
Benefits include: 25 days holiday (plus Public and Bank Holidays), life assurance, Gymflex, Season Ticket loan, pension contributions, medical and dental insurance (subject to qualifying periods).