Stability Technologist - 12 month contract
Introduction See Job Description Description
A new opening has arisen for a Technologist to join our Stability Team, part of our Analytical Services department. This is a temporary contract lasting for a period of 12 months.
Location: The role will initially be based in Reading (Winnersh Triangle) but will shortly be moving to our new state of the art facility in Slough.
As a Technologist you will perform stability testing (eg. EP Visual, A280, pH, particulates, SDS PAGE, ICIEF, GPC) in support of wider stability study programs carried out for antibodies and other recombinant proteins being manufactured by Lonza. This role is 100% lab based.
· To perform experimental work with minimal supervision
· To collect data, sign off routine assays and prepare data tables
· To communicate progress and escalate challenges to Line Manager and/ or scientific lead as appropriate
· To maintain laboratory equipment and supplies
· Understand & Comply with company, regulatory and statutory requirements
· To contribute to departmental practices and process improvementsProfile
· Appropriate A levels, HND, life sciences degree or appropriate work experience
· Experience of some of the following analytical methods: EP Visual, A280, pH, particulates, SDS PAGE, ICIEF, GPC
· Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory and GMP processes
Our ideal candidate will show a genuine interest in science and its application with a desire to learn and improve ways of working. Attention to detail is essential as they will be expected to take ownership of their work, identifying obvious errors and inconsistencies in generated data.
Lonza promotes a fast-paced, employee orientated environment and we take pride in both the quality of our products and the success of our employees. We offer a competitive remuneration package and encourage the development of individuals to help them achieve their full potential.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online via our careers page. Please ensure that you attach your CV to your profile.
Closing date: 13th December