IT Systems Manager
IT Systems Manager
circa £50.000 - £60,000 p.a
My client is an innovative, dynamic software consultancy based in Central London. They are currently looking for a security minded Systems Administrator with excellent skills in both Linux and Microsoft Server Administration and good knowledge of Java, MySQL, LDAP and virtualisation to join the systems team.
Your role is both hands on and management and you will manage a small team who are responsible for configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting and monitoring our Java/Tomcat Application and Web Servers, LDAP Directory Servers and MySQL Database Servers for our live, dev and test environments. You will also be responsible for configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting for the in house office systems, mainly comprised of Microsoft Servers and MS Exchange.
• Install, configure, maintain and tune Java/Tomcat Web and Application servers.
• Install, configure, maintain and tune LDAP Servers.
• Install, configure maintain and tune MySQL and MongoDB Database servers.
• JVM maintenance and tuning.
• Managing all aspects of the company’s LANs, WANs, VPNs and SANs to optimise and ensure maximum resilience, security, availability and performance.
• Analyse and report on performance bottlenecks.
• Configure and maintain application and network level load balancing, fail over and HA.
• Configure and maintain multiple layers and models of security appliances.
• Configure and maintain deployment processes.
• Configure and maintain application reporting and alerting systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
• In-depth Linux Experience, including advanced administration and architectures (primarily Redhat/CentOS).
• In-depth Windows Server Experience, including advanced administration and architectures (primarily Windows Server 2008).
• In-depth Microsoft Exchange Experience (Exchange 2010)
• In-depth Windows Domain experience, AD, WSUS and GPO.
• Advanced networking skills: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, SAN, iSCSI, VPN, SNMP.
• Advanced knowledge of Virtualisation Technologies: XenServer, VMware.
• Advanced knowledge of load balancing systems.
• Excellent knowledge of Java configuration, management and debugging.
• Advanced knowledge of SELinux.
• Advanced knowledge of firewalls and routing.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of Web Servers: Tomcat, Apache.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL Configuration and Performance Tuning.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in Hardware setup, configuration and maintenance.
• Good knowledge of monitoring systems: Nagios/MRTG/Icinga.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of at least one scripting language (Bash/Perl essential).
• Advanced knowledge of Systems Security principles and practises.
• Advanced knowledge of Encryption methods, principles and practises.
• Experience in system design, installation and integration.
• Have the ability to work in teams and take instruction from a variety of people.
• Polite and approachable manner when liaising with people both internally and externally.
• Show a willingness to listen and learn.
• Take initiative in self-development and career progression.
• Good communication skills.
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to embrace a challenging, fast paced role in a dynamic environment, please apply now with a cover letter to support your application.
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the “apply now” button below. Your details as submitted by you, will only be forwarded in relation to this vacancy; by submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client’s criteria and/or need.