In-House Volume Recruiter
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company that improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. We achieve this by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public services, including health, home affairs, education, transport, leisure, science and defence.
Our in house volume recruitment team is responsible for sourcing and selecting suitable applicants for thousands of hires each year across a diverse customer base. Working as part of an HR Shared Service you will recruit for a wide variety of sectors and locations.
Due to high demand we are currently recruiting for additional staff on a fixed term contract basis. These may be extended or be converted to permanent contracts if the demand continues.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a first class volume recruitment service
- Liaising with Hiring Managers and managing stakeholders
- Advertising through a variety of online attraction sources
- Using selection criteria to determine suitable candidates
- Assisting with general recruitment queries and managing a call tracking system
- Database mining to source candidates
Essential skills and experience for the role:
- Experience of working within a busy volume recruitment team.
- Ability to manage a large number of live vacancies at any one time to tight deadlines.
- Experience of using a variety of on line attraction channels and a robust understanding of the principles and legislation governing effective recruitment advertising.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with strong numerical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Professional stakeholder management skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- I.T. proficiency including MS Office, Outlook, Applicant Tracking Systems and Job Boards.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
Located within walking distance of Bournville train station, which is served by the Birmingham Cross City line, you will be part of a large team within an HR shared service environment. You will be entitled to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and qualify for a Serco pension scheme. Right now you might be a Volume Recruiter or a Recruitment Administrator working in-house or within a volume recruitment agency environment. This is an ideal career opportunity for individuals who are keen to pursue a career within an in house recruitment environment.
What`s it like working here? Find us on www.facebook.com/sercouk