Serco Defence Science and Nuclear is an operating Division of Serco Group plc. The Division provides outsourced services to the UK MoD and other organisations in the Defence Science and Technology markets. SDS&T delivers services through a number of Accounts of which the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) is one. Currently, Dstl is located at three core sites (Fort Halstead, Porton Down and Portsdown West). SDS&T is Preferred Bidder to manage the new build and supply support services at the core sites on a fifteen-year contract. Fire -fighters report to the Fire Station Manager.
The Fire and Rescue Service provides the first line of defence against Fire, initial management of any Fire related incident which may involve Explosives, Chemicals and Radiation. Maintains general site Fire precautions including maintenance of Fire-fighting equipment.
Dtsl are currently recruiting for a Fire Fighter to integrate into their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fight fires and effect rescue as a member of a crew
- Drive and operate all fire-fighting vehicles when qualified
- Use breathing apparatus, hand tools and allied equipment
- Test and maintain first aid fire appliances, fire protection and ancillary delivery equipment
- Act as deputy Crew Manager of a domestic fire crew when qualified
- Operate R/T equipment
- Assist in the handling of casualties and render first-aid
- Carry out routine fire prevention inspections
- Attend formal training courses
- Physically and medically fit
- Hold or be able to attain security clearance to SC level
- Team player
- First Aid at Work certificate
- LGV 2 Licence is desirable
- Ideally qualified to Defence Fire and Rescue Service standards