Job Title: Immigration Caseworker
Location: Mayfair, London
Closing Date: 16 November 2014
Westkin, due to growing demand is seeking an Immigration Caseworker. We seek a candidate who is motivated to succeed and can practice within our general immigration team.
We are currently experiencing an increase in clients from the FSU countries and are looking for an individual to primarily deal with Eastern European clients. The candidate is required to have knowledge of immigration advice and associated legal services as well as be fluent in English and Russian. The candidate will further be required to partake in public events, seminars, presentations etc. organised by Westkin as a Russian speaking representative of the company in communications with the FSU clients and potential partners.
We provide internal training but particularly value those with:
(a)strong ethical standards,
(c)ability to work hard,
(d)ability to mentor young staff,
(e)pride in their own work,
(f)a company focused approach.
We cover all aspects of business and personal immigration, points based and sponsorship work, entry clearance, leave to remain applications. Westkin has focused on delivering advice to privately paying clients across all aspects of immigration.
The role of Immigration Caseworker occupies a vital place within our growing team, involving the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of Immigration Applications; including significant levels of client contact;
- Remaining aware of all relevant rules, policies and best practice affecting all aspects of immigration;
- Hitting specific billing targets, with modern IT systems in place for achieving them and generous, transparent bonuses for exceeding targets.
- To help manage and be responsible for one’s own casework, advice to clients and general service delivery, ensuring that the highest standards are consistently met.
- If desired, taking an active role in business development, and ensuring that agreed revenue targets are exceeded.
- Helping devise and implement appropriate internal systems, policies and procedures, and adhering to these at all times.
- Helping ensure adherence to OISC Rules and Codes.
- Applicants must hold level 1 OISC / LSC accreditation.
Covering letter should also be provided, containing:
a)Availability to work, including any notice periods;
Application by CV to HR director Soraya.Kattach@westkin.com.