Purchasing Manager £28,000 + Bens
Purchasing Manager £28,000 + Bens
A successful industry-leader achieving year on year sales growth throughout the UK is looking for a Purchasing Manager for the Fareham site. This company truly supports growth and personal development with future opportunities for the right candidate. Looking after a spend of approx 3.5 million and 2 junior buyers you need to be a strong negotiator with previous experience managing staff. This position would suit someone who has worked in Manufacturing, Distribution , Packaging or the Print industry.
You will be enthusiastic and proactive, with a strong attention to detail. You will be computer literate and competent in Word, Excel and Outlook. Successful candidates will have excellent organisation skills, possessing the ability to work well under pressure whilst prioritising workloads effectively.
·A competitive basic package and incentive scheme is offered.. Additionally they offer a flexible benefits system incorporating the following:
·Up to 33 days annual leave * (*include bank holidays and service increase after five years) Holiday Purchasing Contributory Pension Scheme Childcare Vouchers Scheme Employee Discount package against a wide range of leisure and retail outlets Access to a full training and development programme
· To manage and develop the company PRP supplier base to deliver maximum service for lowest cost and in line with KPI requirements.
· Act as the primary contact with PRP suppliers.
· Liaise with Regional Business Managers and their sales teams for new and existing enquiries.
· Manage the import process with liaison between PRP suppliers, freight forwarders and the company
· Assist as necessary with management of finance and accounts regarding PRP suppliers
· Ensure that the PRP purchasing transactions are carried out in the most cost effective manner.
· Implement and maintain efficient processes within the company for efficient transactions, and to ensure cohesion between the company and PRP suppliers
· Ensure compliance of PRP suppliers with company quality and ethical standards, including site audit of new and existing PRP manufacturers.
· To liaise with Central Procurement to ensure RDC strategy reflects that of the companies.
· Manage the tender process in the most efficient way.
· To be responsible for the development of all staff directly or indirectly supervised, ensuring performance and development reviews are completed as required
· Support projects at a local level.
· Management of PRP suppliers ensuring quality and service are monitored on a regular basis.
· Ensure effective communication of the PRP strategy throughout the company.
· Work with other departments to promote PRP within and without the company
· To work in a constructive manner with and promote co-operation with other departments
· To share experience and knowledge with relevant staff
· Confident to stand in for the Divisional Procurement Manager and able to communicate at all levels taking a company viewpoint at all times
When required liaise closely with Warehouse Manager / Supervisor on stock holding volumes and space requirements.
· Negotiate discounts based on volumes with PRP suppliers aimed at reducing costs for materials
· Negotiate with PRP suppliers to reduce stock holding costs through effective ordering and
· When required carry out the function of the stock controller/ assistant buyer / sales coordinator.
· Identify Potential Customers where possible from supplier contacts
· Use Enterprise and other reports to effectively manage the sales team, ensuring proactive approach to telesales, enquiries, quotations and follow up occurs.
· Be a catalyst in ensuring that sales lead information is conveyed to Sales Executives