Bank Custody Nurse
Serco Health works with Dorset Police to provide non-emergency medical and forensic services to police custody suites throughout the entire region.
Our Serco team includes medical professionals who are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and provide support for core Forensic Medical Examination work and victims of crime. Services provided include dealing with the medical needs of detainees and gathering physical evidence from victims and suspects, with the evidence we gather on behalf of the police being vital to achieve any convictions in subsequent criminal proceedings.
We are currently looking to recruit Bank Custody Nurses to provide healthcare services to detained persons in the custody suites throughout Dorset, conducting clinical assessments, identifying and implementing appropriate interventions, collecting forensic samples and providing advice and guidance to Custody staff regarding the care of the detainee whilst in Police Custody.
The successful candidates will be committed to providing a quality service and involved in continuous personal development, updating skills and knowledge and the development of the service.
- Registered Nurse
- Current NMC registration
- Extensive post registration experience in a variety of settings
- Primary care/A&E experience or experience working as autonomous practitioner
- Broad clinical knowledge and skill base
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team work
- Computer skills
- Willingness to participate in service development
- Highly developed communication & negotiation skills
- Must be able to drive at all times (UK drivers licence essential)