Serco is a FTSE 250 organisation that improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence. Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
Two opportunities have arisen in Welwyn Garden City for Street scene Operatives.
A Street scene Operative involves maintaining all grounds maintenance facilities as per the Contract requirement throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out programme works as part of the maintenance regime with skills and knowledge of all machinery aspects of the job
- Undertake duties in any service area of the Grounds Maintenance Contract
- Understand Contract requirements, the specification of all grounds works, and the facilities within the various locations
- Identify and understand key performance indicators and ensure that these are met
- Regularly report to line manager progress on works and any matters which arise affecting delivery
- Work as part of the team, putting forward suggestions and ideas for improvements in service provision
- Responsible for the daily inspection and reporting procedure for machinery, prior and on completion of usage, including vehicles
- Responsible for the cleanliness of machinery and vehicles
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met
- Undergo specific training to improve skill levels and knowledge of Contract requirements as and when defined training is identified as being required or available
- Maintain excellent customer and client relations, particularly members of the public
- Maintain a presentable appearance at all times
- Relevant experience or knowledge of grounds or similar environment desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Clean driving licence
- Flexibility to work in all grounds areas and other departments when required