Finance Audit Manager
Serco is a FTSE 250 organisation that improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence. Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets. We have nearly 50 years` experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. Our service ethos means that our customers come back to us again and again. These long-term relationships help us to meet their changing needs and to do what we do best......bringing service to life.
The Finance Audit Manager will be responsible for performing finance assurance audits across the UK divisions. This will include the review of Contracts` financial processes, review of shared services financial controls, review of accounting judgements, and assist in corporate investigations. This role gives exposure to Serco`s varied businesses and no two finance audits are the same.
- Delivery of the financial controls (GFCM) audit plan with due regard to professional standards. This involves auditing specific contracts and reviewing horizontal financial processes across the two UK divisions.
- Planning contract visits and ensuring the scope of the assurance review work is clearly communicated and agreed.
- Identifying key finance risks and designing appropriate work programmes to address the risks.
- Preparation of high quality reports and ensuring that the recommendations are relevant, practical and value-adding.
- Monitoring and reporting the status of open finance audit issues and agreed action plans.
- Communicating financial controls best practice to the business and influencing the business to adopt best practice.
- Reviewing transactions to ensure correct IFRS accounting treatment is applied. Examples include revenue recognition and lease accounting.
- Keeping abreast with current and emerging risks and financial reporting standards.
- Assisting with other ad hoc group reporting requirements.
- To undertake financial investigations, including fraud on behalf of the General Counsel Office and to conduct ad-hoc reviews.
- The role involves travelling to Contract sites and overnight stays to perform the audits.
Qualifications, training and experience required
- Professional accounting or auditing qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CMIIA)
- Proven experience in an auditing or financial controls environment.
- Good understanding of finance systems (ideally SAP), risks and financial controls.
- Professional level audit experience and/or relevant financial experience.
- Good knowledge of IFRS.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work in a structured and methodical manner with a focus on timely delivery and ownership of responsibilities.
- Good understanding of business operational and control processes.
- Work effectively with both operational and finance colleagues.
- Analyse process improvements and influence change.
- Mature interpersonal skills with a clear ability to secure the respect of senior management.
- Continually seek improved and more efficient methods of working.
- A self-starter who is able to operate at a strategic level while retaining an eye for detail.
- A good team player and works well in a pressured environment.
- Must have a flexible approach and an ability to develop the role as Serco continues to grow and present new opportunities.