Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can do attitude are key to helping.
Swallows Leisure Centre has a range of facilities and offers a variety of activities for all ages. From fun family swim sessions and swimming lessons for children and adults to energetic aqua fit classes to in the health suite - there is something for everyone.
The Leisure Assistant`s role is to work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
- Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety
- Provide supervision of dry-side activities
- Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
- Undertake cleaning tasks as required to ensure the centre is well presented
- Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate
- Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
- Follow the processes laid down in the SLIMS (Serco Leisure Integrated Management System), in particular, the Pool Normal Operating, Pool Emergency and Centre Emergencies Procedures
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles
Skills and Experience:
-Royal Lifesaving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
-First aid at work qualification
-Pool plant operators` certificate- desirable
-demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge working in a service led or retail operation
- Ability to remain vigilant, alert and attentive
- Ability to be calm and in control in pressurised situations such as emergencies
- Customer care and communication skills
- The ability to set and achieve high standards of centre cleanliness and presentation
- Health & Safety awareness