PRINCIPLE PROJECT ENGINEER - IT & DEFENCE
PRINCIPLE PROJECT ENGINEER – IT & DEFENCE
If you would like to join a renowned, sought after and forward thinking company at the forefront of Defence then look no further. We have an opportunity which has opened for a principle level manager from a project engineering who is a specialist across the whole systems engineering lifecycle. You be experienced in working in complex, cutting-edge and challenging IT and security related engineering environments – preferably defence.
If you are a driven and determined Project Engineer you will be a perfect fit for this high level, risk and responsibility role. You will be working closely with customer and delivery teams at a senior level. You will be performing business analysis, business change, requirements management, stakeholder management, and elements of delivery and project management activities.
Within this your main points of responsibility include:
* Clearly understanding of security agendas, programmes and requirements as they come to rest in the environment.
* Demonstrating thought leadership in developing cyber and security agendas.
* Support to Project Management teams in the successful delivery of required activities.
* Building and maintaining strong and credible relationships to develop technical solutions and approaches.
* Project and Work Package Management activities, including management of risks, issues, dependencies and budgets.
* Eliciting and documenting architectural and business design approaches.
* Support to proposal generation including estimating and commercial activity.
* Project and sub-project team leadership on specific technical and non-technical delivery tasks.
* Work within and promote the ethical standards laid down by the Company.
Required qualifications include:
* Proven ability to work closely with senior customers to develop trusted relationships: very strong negotiation skills, an ability to liaise effectively with seniors both within TCP and the customer organisation. * Proven experience in Project and Project Management (or similar) roles in IT environments. * Proven ability manage financial activity. * Strategic thinker, coupled with a pragmatic hands-on approach to getting the job done. * The position will require some UK based travel.
* Come from a strong project engineering / systems engineering background
* Demonstrated deep insight into IT and security engineering challenges * Demonstrated pedigree spanning the IT and security environments with richly developed skills and experience in tackling the most complex technology challenges. * Leadership and strong 1st Line management experience of up to 20 engineers * Ability to ensure the application of client defined and industry best practice methodologies in respect to system and project engineering principles and mechanics across project lifecycles including the management of risk and cost issues. * Experience of working closely alongside senior customers in cutting-edge technical environments.
Desirable skills include:
* Background of successful delivery in Business Development and capture management * Demonstrated experience of operating in complex telecommunications and software development environments. * Working knowledge of ITIL. * PRINCE II/APM Qualifications. * Working knowledge of the principles of systems architecting, and background in the application of MODAF to systems engineering challenges. * Potential to provide technical leadership in Project Management environments
If you have defence sector experience or are ex-forces then this will be a perfect fit for you. You will get the chance to be part of high cost programmes; buying for next generation military platform technology and hi-tech defence systems.
Each candidate will be required to attain full SC clearance prior to starting. If the above is fitting to you then send your most recent CV without hesitation directly or call 01923 225581 and speak to Suzanne Toms for more information or click ‘apply’ now.