Senior Consultant - Ethnographic Research / Usability Testing
ExperienceLab (formerly Serco Usability Services) is the UK`s most established, most respected and most experienced global experience design research agency.
Due to continued success we have an opening for Senior Consultant in our London office. We are looking for someone with relevant consultancy experience, with expertise in range of user research activities (including user needs gathering, ethnographic research, concept development and traditional lab-based usability testing).
We are a small team, so we need specialists, but we also need people who are comfortable and willing to work on different types of projects too. We need someone with enough experience to know which methods work best to address a client`s needs.
Ideally, we are interested in finding someone with experience in commercial and consumer-based ethnographic research, as well as other qualitative user research methods. We need someone who is comfortable and willing to run lab-based usability testing sessions as well as contextual research projects. Some of our clients love our video reports, so any experience in video production would be an added bonus.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who can see project through from inception to conclusion, as well as someone who is open to learning and sharing their skills with the team. Senior Consultants also need to be willing to undertake business development and account management as part of their responsibilities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant experience in user research activities (including one or more of Ethnographic research, user needs gathering, concept development, customer journey mapping and usability testing), conducted in commercial setting
- Experience of working directly with clients
- Interest in working with mixture of methodologies, and exploring new ways of developing user experience research
- Strong facilitation skills (for client meetings, workshops and user sessions)
- Existing business development and account management skills, or willingness to learn
- Excellent analysis and written/oral communication skills
- Keen interest in new innovations and technology
- Proven understanding and experience of different business sectors
- At least Masters level education in relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Project and team management expertise
- Eligibility to work in UK - An outgoing and confident personality - Openness to travel
In return, we offer varied and interesting mix of projects, smart and friendly team of like minds, creative environment, competitive terms and conditions, and the security of being part of large international company.
ExperienceLab operate both in the UK and internationally, helping clients produce simple and satisfying products, technologies, services and environments. We work across the full range of interactive technologies from the web, to TV, mobile, games platforms and consumer electronics, right through to service delivery and customer communications.
Our extensive client list includes many high street names and global brands, as well as government Agencies and departments.
For further details visit our blog www.experiencelab.info
We are multi-skilled close-knit team with passion for research, technology and customer experience. As a team, we have been helping to drive innovation, shape new products and services, and direct strategic thinking for more than forty years. We employ multitude of methodologies in our research, from ethnographic research in call centres or people`s homes, to user testing new concepts or video games with children in our custom built labs.