Assistant Service Manager
Assistant Service Manager – Hertfordshire
Our client is a charity providing specialist support to people with mild to moderate learning disabilities & complex histories. The people they support require skilled help in managing risks to themselves or others. This support enables people to remain living safely in the community. They are setting up new services in Hertfordshire & are looking for an Assistant Manager to support the leadership of new services in this area.
They are looking for people who are experienced in supporting people with learning disabilities & who have demonstrated their leadership abilities in other roles. You will report directly to the Service Manager for the area & support the services to be person centred & respectful whilst promoting safety. You will also be supporting services in the area to exceed CQC expectations & internal audit processes. The role will largely be on rota with some off rota time to complete managerial tasks. This may include 1:1s, customer based administration tasks, & quality assurance activities.
You will be supporting recruitment, supervision, communication, & building team togetherness for these support services. Your main duty is empowering your teams to provide the high quality support that we deliver.
You will have a key role in representing the charity locally. This may involve communicating with partners & stakeholders, attending forums, & having excellent communication with people they support & their families. You will use local connections to support people to live their lives to the fullest & be active members of their communities.
Your role & duties will be:
• Ensuring compliance with CQC & internal audits.
• Promoting person centred high quality care.
• Recruitment, supervision, & performance management of employees.
• Representing our client in your locality.
They’re looking for someone who:
• Is experienced in supporting people with learning disabilities.
• Has strong values about inclusion & promoting independence.
• Can meet & beat expectations.
• Can lead & empower others to work autonomously.
• Is responsive to the needs of people we support.
In return, they offer;
• A generous training programme, including Learning Disability Qualifications & a Diploma in Health & Social Care.
• A pension scheme with contribution by our client.
• Employee reward scheme, where you can save money on shopping or larger purchases like holidays.
Successful applicants will undergo an Enhanced DBS check
Job Title: Assistant Service Manager – Hertfordshire
Salary: £21,000 per Annum
Hours: 37 per Week (Full-Time)
Closing Date: 22nd August 2014
Interview Date: 10th September 2014
Positive about Disabled People:
Our client values the diversity of all their employees. As a commitment to supporting disabled applicants & employees, they have been awarded the Positive about Disabled People symbol by Jobcentre Plus. This means:
• When you fill in the application form they will ask if you have a disability to make sure the application process is fair to people who have a disability.
• They will interview any person who declares they have a disability who meets the essential criteria for the job they are applying for.
Please register online with your CV & covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received & to follow further instructions if applicable.