Digital Electronics Design Engineer
Job Title: Digital Electronics Design Engineer
Location & Post Code: Romsey, Hampshire (SO51)
Salary: Competitive and Depending on Experience + Performance Related Bonus and Share Options and Competitive Benefits Package
Hours: 40 Hours a Week (usually Monday to Friday, with occasional weekends)
Do you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing LED technology brands?
Our client, the designer and manufacturer of intelligent lighting solutions, has opportunities to be part of an innovative cutting-edge team providing advanced award-winning LED solutions.
They have a respected reputation worldwide and is committed to UK manufacture, with facilities in Hampshire and Wales. Whilst their products and technology are at the forefront of efficiency, the company takes it to the next level; focusing on sustainable technology for people, prosperity and the planet. They recently launched their proprietary technology Halcyon; a lighting centric ‘Internet of Things’ platform that will enable advanced, wirelessly controlled, circadian lighting. Halcyon is optimised for energy saving, circadian and data-centric lighting applications for more sustainable and healthier buildings.
Recognised as experts in the industry and winners of many industrial awards - including “LA Light Source of the Year” for two consecutive years - success has been as a result of a highly technical and dedicated team.
Due to their continued growth and expansion, they are seeking a candidate for the role of Digital Electronics Design Engineer to work on their Halcyon technology in the hardware team in Romsey. Reporting to the Group Engineering Manager the successful applicant will work in a multidisciplinary team to develop the digital electronics for their embedded devices.
Digital Electronics Design Engineer Role and Key Responsibilities:
• Help to evolve and expand functionality of existing Halcyon devices.
• Maintain familiarity with current and emerging technologies.
• Design and implement new embedded designs (including testing and verification).
• Work closely with the firmware team and API team to ensure speedy device integration.
Digital Electronics Design Engineer Required Skills:
They are looking for a highly technical candidate with a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent / higher qualification) in Engineering (or similar subject), who has extensive experience of digital electronics design, CAD and system integration.
The Digital Electronics Design Engineer Candidate should have:
• At least 3 years of digital hardware development experience with ARM cortex based micro controllers, radio hardware with some firmware experience
• Experience with design for EMC / EMI, RF layout experience desirable.
• Good CAD skills including Eagle and Altium and version control.
• Good knowledge of analogue and digital design skills.
• Solid communication skills
Candidates must hold a full UK driving license.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Digital Electronics Design Engineer role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.